SU deploy SHADE to Libya
The Stabilisation Unit were tasked to deploy to Libya.
Spectra were given 5 days notice to provide Communications Services and manpower in support of the Stabilisation Unit's deployment to Benhazi, Libya in May / June 2011.
- Provide 2 x ISDN lines for use of secure ISDN voice and data (including VTC) services
- Provide 10 x IP ports for Internet and VPN use
- Provide 5 x IP phones for unclassified voice calls.
- Provide 1Mb/1Mb dedicated bandwidth (SCPC)
- Provide an engineer as the Communications Manager is support of all communications
- Provide UK infrastructure / connectivity
- Provide 24 / 7 helpdesk support from the UK
All services were configured and tested prior to departure at the base in UK. All equipment was then transported to Libya by air freight.